(Recasts, adds president comments) By Nathan Layne TOKYO, Dec 27 (Reuters) - Debt-ridden trading house Tomen Corp said on Friday it has asked its main banks for 170 billion yen ($1.42 billion) in financial aid while securing help from Toyota Motor Corp to revive its flagging fortunes. Tomen said the Toyota group will buy 10 billion yen worth of new shares in the mid-sized trading firm next summer, and unveiled plans to merge with Toyota Tsusho Corp , another trading house affiliate of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Tomen seeks aid from UFJ, gets Toyota funds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.