* CEO says early 2009 trading "tough" * Plans closure of 15 plants, affecting 2,500 staff * Cuts full-year dividend to 13 cents from 28 cents * Targets dividend of 10 cents for 2009 * Shares rise 8 percent in early trade (Adds CEO comments, shares, analyst) By Victoria Bryan LONDON, Feb 25 (Reuters) - British engineer Tomkins Plc halved its full-year dividend and announced plans for more plant closures and job losses as the challenging market conditions in its end markets worsen. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Tomkins plans more cost cuts for a challenging 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.