(Recasts first sentence, adds background, stock movement) CHICAGO, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Auto parts maker Tower Automotive Inc. on Thursday posted a quarterly loss, hurt by a massive asset impairment charge stemming from its decision to stop making frames for Ford Motor Co.'s Explorer sports utility vehicle. Shares of Tower, which had warned of the expected loss a week ago, fell 28 cents, or 6.4 percent, to $4.13 on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday morning, off an earlier low at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Tower Automotive posts loss on huge charge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.