* Toyota has serviced more than half of recalled vehicles * Toyota has paid $16.4 mln fine to settle recall claim * Committee has demanded information on throttles (Adds details on brake override, recall fixes) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp remains confident that its electronic throttles are sound and not behind instances of unintended acceleration that led to huge recalls, federal investigations, and lawsuits, the company's U.S. sales president ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Toyota confident throttles not linked to recall saga" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.