(Adds Toyota response) By Alison Leung GUANGZHOU, China, July 23 (Reuters) - Japan's largest car maker, Toyota Motor Corp , plans to team up with a Chinese partner to make sedans in the booming southern city of Guangzhou, a top city official told Reuters on Wednesday. Lin Yuan He, executive vice mayor of Guangzhou, said a tie-up with Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group to make Camry sedans was awaiting approval from Beijing. "The negotiations have been proceeding very smoothly, and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Toyota, Guangzhou Auto close to China JV -official" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642