(Adds company official and analysts comments) By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , Japan's biggest automaker, on Wednesday reported its best ever operating profit for any half year, driven by healthy North American sales, cost-cutting and a softer yen. Group operating profit surged 44 percent for April-September to 730.83 billion yen ($5.94 billion). The strong first-half profit figure, flagged in an apparent leak to business daily Nihon Keizai last week, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Toyota H1 profits hit record on brisk U.S. sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642