(Adds president and analyst comments, closing share price) TOKYO, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. , Japan's biggest auto maker, is considering delaying the introduction of some new models by as much as half a year amid a series of recalls and quality problems, the Wall Street Journal said on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter. Toyota, which has built its reputation on offering safe and reliable cars at reasonable prices, is plagued with a rise in vehicle recalls and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Toyota may delay launch of new models-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.