(Adds background) TOKYO, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Toyota Tsusho Corp. , a trading affiliate of Toyota Motor Corp. , will buy Tomen Corp. for about 178.5 billion yen ($1.55 billion), creating Japan's sixth-largest trading firm. Under the deal announced by Toyota Tsusho and Tomen on Friday, one Tomen share would be swapped for 0.069 share in Toyota Tsusho -- a 38 percent discount to Tomen's closing price on Friday. The offer excludes the 19.7 percent stake in Tomen that Toyota Tsusho already ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Toyota Motor affiliate to buy Tomen for $1.55 bln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.