(Adds Finance Ministry, trade union comment, background) FRANKFURT, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Proprietary trading blunders pushed German lender WestLB [WDLG.UL] into a loss in the first half of the year, intensifying debate about the bank's strategic direction as regional state-backed lenders consolidate. WestLB reported a pretax loss of 38 million euros ($52 million) in the first half but said it expected to be in profit for the full year. The bank made pretax profit of 239 million euros in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Trades push WestLB to H1 loss, fuel strategy debate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.