(Adds details) By Jim Wolf WASHINGTON, Aug 23 (Reuters) - TRW Space and Electronics, a TRW Inc. unit, has won a contract that could be worth up to $4.5 billion to build a new U.S. environmental satellite system for civil and military needs, the government said Friday. The project will merge existing U.S. military and civilian polar-orbiting weather satellite programs into a single, integrated system aimed at better forecasting and climate prediction through a process known as remote ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-TRW wins $4.5 billion weather satellite deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.