(Adds Missouri governor's statement) By Justin Hyde DETROIT, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. will reverse a decision to close its St. Louis assembly plant and provide additional work to its Atlanta plant under a tentative deal with the United Auto Workers, a top union official said on Friday. In return for the St. Louis plant, which had been slated for closure as part of the automaker's cost-cutting plans, Ford will be allowed to close its smaller Lorain, Ohio, assembly plant, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-UAW deal with Ford keeps St. Louis plant open" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.