(Adds details from workers, statements, background, byline) By Kevin Krolicki DETROIT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers began a strike against auto parts maker American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc shortly after midnight on Tuesday after failing to reach agreement on a new contract. The strike encompasses some 3,600 workers at American Axle plants in Michigan and New York whose four-year contract expired just before midnight Monday after an impasse over cost-cutting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-UAW goes on strike against American Axle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642