* One-off factors spur biggest rise in confidence since 1993 * House prices nudge higher but market still subdued * Fiscal pain, high inflation to weigh on consumer demand (Adds John Lewis figures, BoE's Posen, analyst comment) By Christina Fincher LONDON, May 27 (Reuters) - British consumer morale jumped in May to its highest level this year and house prices nudged up, providing glimmers of hope for an economy struggling to get out of the doldrums, but analysts warned against ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-UK consumer confidence posts near-record jump in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.