(Adds labour official's comment, analyst, background) By Jan Christoph Schwartz HANOVER, Germany, Aug 19 (Reuters) - Labour union IG Metall will demand a 4 percent pay increase and job guarantees from carmaker Volkswagen AG when the two sides hold closely watched wage talks next month, the union said on Thursday. Staking out a hard line as expected, union officials said they wanted job security for the 103,000 workers in VW's six western German plants who are covered by the in-house ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Union seeks 4 pct pay rise, job security from VW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642