(Recasts first sentence, adds Sonic Automotive results, analyst's comment, byline, stock price) By Michael Ellis DETROIT, April 27 (Reuters) - UnitedAuto Group Inc. and Sonic Automotive Inc. both posted stronger-than-expected profits due to higher sales on Tuesday, sending shares of the car dealership groups higher. Bloomfield Hills, Michigan-based UnitedAuto said earnings rose to $20.2 million, or 48 cents a share, from $13.7 million, or 34 cents, in the year-ago quarter. Excluding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-UnitedAuto, Sonic post strong earnings, shares rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.