(Recasts, adds amendments, edits) By Tom Doggett and Chris Baltimore WASHINGTON, July 25 (Reuters) - To stretch America's gasoline supplies, the leaders of a joint Senate-House conference committee racing to finish a U.S. energy bill agreed on Monday to almost double production of the motor fuel additive ethanol to 7.5 billion gallons a year by 2012. The ethanol compromise is larger than the 5 billion gallons approved by the U.S. House of Represenatives, but smaller than the 8 billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-US energy bill would nearly double ethanol output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.