* U.S. vehicles to get 54.5 miles per gallon by 2025 * New rule comes after a year of talks with industry * Auto industry welcomes national standards, more planning certainty * Industry trade group sounds cautionary note; Romney critical By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Fuel efficiency of U.S. cars and light trucks will nearly double by 2025 under a standard finalized by the Obama administration on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-U.S. finalizes big jump in auto fuel efficiency" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.