(Adds Ford reaction, paragraphs 6-7) By James Vicini WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court gave Ford Motor Co. a victory on Monday and set aside a record $290 million punitive damages award against it over a deadly 1993 California rollover accident with a Ford Bronco. Ford had called this the largest personal injury award that had been affirmed on appeal in U.S. history. The high court set aside the California court ruling that upheld the award. The justices sent the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-US high court sets aside record award against Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.