(Recasts with further detail from hearing) By Peter Kaplan WASHINGTON, May 23 (Reuters) - The Republican chairman of the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee said on Tuesday he was drafting a bill to ban excessive gasoline price increases, a day after the Federal Trade Commission said it had failed to find any illegal manipulation of fuel prices. Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska disclosed plans for the legislation at a hearing in which lawmakers voiced frustration about rising fuel prices and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-US senator plans bill to ban fuel price gouging" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642