(Adds comments from Sen. Bingaman, background) By Tom Doggett and Chris Baltimore WASHINGTON, March 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. Interior Department on Wednesday awarded contracts to deliver an estimated 18 million barrels of crude oil to the nation's emergency oil stockpile, a move that will keep supplies off the market at a time of high gasoline prices. The Bush administration's decision rejects demands from Congress to delay shipments to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, and keep the oil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-US taking 18 mln barrels off market for oil reserve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642