(Adds advisers and shares para 9, detail para 7, 8) By Gill Griffith-Jones FRANKFURT, July 29 (Reuters) - Germany's Varta AG said on Monday it would sell its appliance battery business to Rayovac Corp for 262 million euros ($257.1 million), boosting the U.S. firm's position in the global battery market. Varta said in a statement that Rayovac, a leading maker of rechargeable and hearing-aid batteries, would buy all its appliance battery operations outside Germany and take a 51 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Varta sells appliance battery ops to Rayovac" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642