(Adds details, analyst comment) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, April 28 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , the world's fourth-largest carmaker, increased first-quarter operating profit by 55 percent, but missed market forecasts due to a weaker-than-expected improvement at its core VW brand. The news sent VW shares down by as much as 4.8 percent just a day after DaimlerChrysler stock declined sharply following a poor set of quarterly results, after investors grew overoptimistic over the pace ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen 1st qtr profit up but misses forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642