(Adds analyst comments, details) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, July 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , the world's fourth biggest carmaker, increased second-quarter operating profit before special items by nearly half, beating expectations and sending its shares sharply higher. Excluding 906 million euros in one-off restructuring charges, operating profit came in at 1.30 billion euros ($1.64 billion), VW said on Thursday, exceeding the median estimate of 1.03 billion from 20 analysts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen beats expectations in Q2, shares soar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642