(Adds details from VW statement) MOSCOW, May 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen signed a deal on Monday to spend 370 million euros ($472 million) to build an assembly plant in Russia's Kaluga region, starting from August, the Russian Economy Ministry said. The ministry said in a statement the investment would comprise an initial 270 million euros plus an additional 100 million euros to build a pressing plant. In a separate statement, Volkswagen said the new plant would employ up to 3,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen to invest 370 mln euros in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.