(Adds analyst comment, more details) By Christiaan Hetzner AMSTERDAM, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Third-quarter operating profit at Volkswagen rose more than 50 percent thanks to resurgent earnings at its core VW brand after the world's fourth-largest carmaker cut thousands of jobs last year. Shares failed to get a big boost though after a recent rally to record highs on speculation that Porsche would quickly raise its 31 percent voting stake to a majority now that a German law protecting VW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen Q3 beats estimates; no boost for share" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.