(Adds analyst comments, details) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, July 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen will meet its 2008 pretax profit target of 5.1 billion euros ($7 billion) a year earlier than planned as cost cuts boost results, the group said on Friday, sending its shares sharply higher. After reporting second-quarter operating profit surged to 1.74 billion euros, far better than analysts expected, Volkswagen said it would "significantly" exceed in 2007 the previous year's figure before ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen says to meet pretax target a year early" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.