(Adds CFO comments from conference call) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, April 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen said it expects the launch of new models to boost second-half sales in the key U.S. market, but does not expect to make a profit there at current exchange rates. "It's difficult to achieve a financial turnaround at a group level in North America," Chief Financial Officer Hans Dieter Poetsch told a conference call on Wednesday, citing the weak dollar as the main obstacle. When it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen sees sales, not profit, recovery in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.