(Rewrites with Q3 results, adds analyst comment, details) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen , the world's fourth-largest carmaker, beat expectations by nearly doubling third-quarter operating profit before special items, and reaffirmed its forecast for a full-year increase on Friday. Helped by ongoing efforts to cut costs and slash jobs in its troubled VW brand operations, group operating profit increased to 991 million euros ($1.25 billion) excluding 668 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen on track to hit goals after strong Q3" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642