(Adds analyst's comments, details) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , the world's fourth-largest carmaker, reported a better-than-expected full-year operating profit on Tuesday and forecast a further improvement this year, sending its shares sharply higher. Excluding a net one-off charge of 2.37 billion euros, group operating profit before special items rose 52 percent to 4.38 billion euros ($5.8 billion), better than the average estimate of 4.18 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volkswagen's 2006 profit beats expectations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.