(Adds detail, analyst quotes) By Patrick McLoughlin STOCKHOLM, Oct 23 (Reuters) - The world's number-two truck maker, AB Volvo , posted better-than-expected third-quarter profit on Thursday due to cost cuts and raised its forecast for total western European heavy truck sales this year. Pre-tax profit came in at 1.3 billion Swedish crowns ($169.5 million) compared with a forecast of 940 million crowns in a Reuters poll of analysts and 584 million crowns in the same period last year. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volvo profit soars, raises Europe sales forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.