(Adds analyst, dealer quotes, detail) By Niklas Pollard STOCKHOLM, April 25 (Reuters) - World number-two truck maker Volvo posted a forecast-beating 53-percent rise in first-quarter pretax earnings on Monday, shrugging off high raw material prices thanks to strong demand. Volvo reported pretax profit of 4.6 billion Swedish crowns ($655.7 million) versus an average forecast of 3.7 billion in a Reuters poll of 13 analysts and 3.0 billion a year ago. "It is a great report. The main ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Volvo Q1 powers ahead of forecast on strong demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642