(Adds turnout detail in par 7, Beckstein quote in par 12) By Madeline Chambers MUNICH, Germany, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Germans voted on Sunday in a state election in Bavaria, where conservatives could lose their absolute majority for the first time in nearly half a century and weaken the country's Chancellor Angela Merkel. Polls show the Christian Social Union (CSU), the Bavarian sister party of Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU), are in danger of falling below 50 percent, down more than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Voting starts in Bavarian poll, may hurt Merkel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.