(Adds detail, analyst comment) By Nick Tattersall FRANKFURT, July 25 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG said on Friday its core profits more than halved in the second quarter on a strong euro, new-product costs and slumping demand, but write-ups on equity investments boosted pre-tax earnings. Europe's biggest carmaker said its operating profit fell to 616 million euros ($708 million) June from 1.4 billion a year ago, mainly due to lower volumes in the United States, Europe and Brazil and to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-VW core profit halves,equity holdings boost pretax" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642