(Adds CEO comment, background) By Nick Tattersall WOLFSBURG, Germany, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest auto maker, Volkswagen AG , unveiled on Monday the latest version of its best-selling Golf, a model it hopes will revive its fortunes and help kick-start a stagnant German car market. VW Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder said the company expected 2004 sales of at least 600,000 of the new cars, which look remarkably similar to the old ones, despite a weak economic environment and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-VW doles out more of the same with repackaged Golf" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642