(Recasts, adds quotes, details) By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is teaming up with a Chinese partner to invest 240 million euros ($278.6 million) in an engine-making venture in Shanghai, a vital cog in the German carmaker's efforts to expand in the country. The venture with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp will be designed to crank out 180,000 engines a year at first and 300,000 eventually, as Volkswagen strives to maintain a huge market lead and hike ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-VW to invest 240 mln euros in China engine JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642