(Adds analyst comment, detail) By Nick Tattersall BERLIN, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , Europe's largest carmaker, posted a sharp drop in third-quarter earnings on Wednesday but comforted investors by sticking to its full-year outlook as cost cuts began to bear fruit. Weak demand in its key European, U.S. and South American markets, an ageing product range and unfavourable exchange rates meant pre-tax profit in the quarter almost halved compared with a year ago to 711 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-VW Q3 earnings halve, sticks to year outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642