(Adds fund manager comment, detail on third quarter) By Nick Tattersall FRANKFURT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen said on Wednesday profits were likely to be halved this year after weak demand, a strong euro and the price of revamping its Brazilian business hammered third-quarter earnings. In addition Europe's biggest carmaker warned that full-year results would also be hit by higher than anticipated costs in developing a range of new vehicles. Operating profit fell 57 percent to 510 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-VW sees 2003 profit halving after weak quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.