(Adds analysts, market reaction, detail) By Louise Egan OTTAWA, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Canadian retail sales outside the auto sector disappointed in December, adding to a string of gloomy data suggesting weaker-than-expected economic growth at year-end. Statistics Canada said on Friday that total retail sales climbed 0.6 percent in the month due to a surge in new car deals. But excluding autos, sales fell 0.4 percent from November against forecasts for a 0.4 percent gain, missing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Weak Canada retail sales point to soft Dec growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.