(Recasts with company, analyst, fund manager comments, details) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, April 27 (Reuters) - Hit by dismal domestic sales and a weaker dollar, Honda Motor reported a 17 percent drop in operating profit on Tuesday and forecast a worse than expected year ahead after being overtaken as Japan's second-ranked car maker. A day earlier, rival Nissan Motor Co posted a 12 percent jump in annual operating profit as it sold more than three million vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Weak dollar hits Honda profits; worse year ahead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.