(Adds details on carmakers, quotes, US sales, updates shares) By Madeline Chambers FRANKFURT, Jan 15 (Reuters) - New car sales in western Europe slipped 1.3 percent last year after a sharp drop in December caused by weaker demand in Italy, industry association data showed on Thursday, as investors hope for a stronger 2004. Japanese and Korean carmakers continued their assault on domestic players in December, ending the year with jumps in both overall sales and market share, while ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-W.Europe car sales to improve after weak 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.