(Updates with work postponed, insurers provision) By Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON, April 28 (Reuters) - The Senate Judiciary Committee was forced to postpone work Thursday on a $140 billion asbestos compensation fund until May 12 after procedural wrangling halted the panel's meeting. Before the forced recess, the committee by 12-5 declined to expand the fund to lung cancer sufferers who could not show their ailment was due to asbestos, after one senator warned the fund was already in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Work on asbestos bill postponed till May 12" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.