(Recasts, adds background) TOKYO, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Japanese auto parts maker Asahi Tec Corp. will buy privately held U.S. rival Metaldyne Corp. for about 100 billion yen ($853.5 million), a source close to the deal said on Friday, sending Asahi Tec's shares up 21 percent. Asahi Tec will also take on the debt of the U.S. firm, based in Plymouth, Michigan, boosting the total cost of the acquisition to about 150 billion yen ($1.28 billion), the source said. Asahi Tec, owned 63 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Asahi Tec to buy Metaldyne for $854 mln-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.