(Recasts lead with share price, changes throughout, updates stock price) By Michael Ellis DETROIT, July 31 (Reuters) - Shares of auto dealerships Asbury Automotive Group Inc. and Group 1 Automotive Inc. rose on Thursday after both companies reported earnings above Wall Street estimates. Asbury's second-quarter net earnings fell about 4 percent due to the costs of closing some used car operations, including its pilot project to sell vehicles at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. parking lots. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Asbury, Group 1 shares climb after earnings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.