* Decision comes due to strong yen - Nissan CEO * Infiniti compact to be built in Europe -sources * Mercedes to offer architecture, diesel engines * "Organic" as alternative to "mechanic" German brands (Adds Infiniti's European sales chief) By Christiaan Hetzner and Helen Massy-Beresford FRANKFURT, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co will build its next Infiniti models including a new premium compact car outside its home market to escape the burden of a strong ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-AUTOSHOW-Nissan to build Infiniti outside Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.