(Adds background in par 2, placing in par 5, analyst comment in pars 13-16) By Victoria Cutler LONDON, June 27 (Reuters) - Shares in Avis Europe Plc sank by a more than quarter on Thursday after the car rental firm warned investors that profits this year would be as much as 15 percent lower because companies had reined in travel budgets. Avis Europe rents cars in Europe under marketing agreements with Avis Rent A Car System Inc, a unit of U.S. property and hotel company Cendant Corp . ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Avis Europe shares sink after warning" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.