* BAIC aims to sell 100,000 self-developed vehicles in 2011 * Spending heavily on product development after Saab buy * Plans IPO, but no details yet * Dutch Spyker Cars remains interested in Saab assets (Adds Spyker comment in paragraphs 19-21) By Michael Wei and Alison Leung BEIJING/HONG KONG, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Corp (BAIC), China's fifth-largest automaker, will launch an aggressive campaign to develop its brand both at home and overseas, after ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-BAIC in overdrive to develop brand with Saab tech" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.