(Adds more company comments, details) By Daniel Hauck TOKYO, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp said on Friday that brisk exports helped its net profit surge 161 percent last year, confirming a comeback from a recall scandal that nearly destroyed its U.S. Firestone brand. The results offered further evidence that Bridgestone -- battered for two years by the fallout from deadly accidents involving its U.S. unit's tyres -- had largely put the Firestone mess ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Bridgestone profits soar on strong exports" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.