(Adds details, president, analyst comments) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Top Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone Corp said on Wednesday damage from a recent fire at one of its plants in Japan would shave 2.5 percent off its net profit this year and continue to hurt earnings next year. The news comes less than two months after the company raised its annual profit forecasts for the second time in as many months, citing brisk tyre sales overseas. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Bridgestone says fire to cut 2003 profit by 2.5%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.