(Adds details on S&P downgrade) NEW YORK, July 29 (Reuters) - Car-rental company Budget Group Inc. succumbed to its heavy debt burden and filed for bankruptcy protection on Monday, as the recession in business travel that has plagued the sector since Sept. 11 claimed another victim. Budget's Chapter 11 filing followed the bankruptcy last November of rival ANC Rental Corp., parent of the Alamo Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental brands. Daytona Beach, Florida-based Budget, which was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Budget car rental files for bankruptcy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642