(Adds closing share price, chairman comments) HONG KONG, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Shares of Chinese battery maker BYD Co Ltd ended nearly 20 percent lower on Thursday, reflecting investor scepticism about the firm's unexpected foray into China's competitive auto sector. BYD, which makes mobile phone batteries for companies like Motorola and Ericsson , said earlier in the day it would acquire control of a state-owned mini car maker for 269.5 million yuan (US$32.6 million). Investors punished ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-BYD shares plunge on plan to buy car maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.